The Missouri Clipper
National Nutrient Management Data Download
This tool will generate a ZIP file containing support files needed for SNMP, MMP and RUSLE2. These support files include aerial photo and topographic map images, soil and watershed shapefiles, a digital elevation model raster file, and a RUSLE2 GDB file. Soil data is obtained from the NRCS Web Soil Survey and may be limited by availablity (see ). To get your data, locate your farm on a map using Google Maps, then define a download area which includes the farm.
UPDATE 29 Jul 2016: The USDA Aerial Photography Field Office (APFO) servers have been intermittently unavailable in recent days. Aerial photography may not be included in your download. The service seems to stop overnight, and is usually available again between 9:00 am and 10:00 am Central Time.
To get data:
- Select your location using the tools above, then click “Make Map” to proceed to a Google Map.
- Use the Google Map navigation tools () to locate your area of interest.
- Click “Define Area” at the top of the map.
- Click and drag your mouse to create a box around the area of interest.
- Give the data set a name (optional).
- Click “Submit”. The data retrieval process may take several minutes.
- When the results window appears, select “Click here to download” to save the generated zip file to your computer.
The Missouri Clipper is developed and maintained by CARES at University of Missouri