The Missouri Clipper
National Nutrient Management Data Download
This national data access tool will generate a ZIP file containing support files needed for SNMP, MMP and RUSLE2. These support files include aerial photo and topographic map images, soil and watershed shapefiles, a digital elevation model raster file, and a RUSLE2 GDB file. Soil data is obtained from the NRCS Web Soil Survey and may be limited by availablity (see ). To get your data, locate your farm on a map using Google Maps, then define a download area which includes the farm.
NOTICE 10 Oct 2018: Aerial photography from USDA Aerial Photography Field Office (APFO) is available.
To get data:
- Select your location using the tools above, then click “Make Map” to proceed to a Google Map.
- Use the Google Map navigation tools () to locate your area of interest.
- Click “Define Area” at the top of the map.
- Click and drag your mouse to create a box around the area of interest.
- Give the data set a name (optional).
- Click “Submit”. The data retrieval process may take several minutes.
- When the results window appears, select “Click here to download” to save the generated zip file to your computer.
The Missouri Clipper is developed and maintained by CARES at University of Missouri